Tuesday 27 November 2018

Snooooze - Week 7 weigh in result

As anticipated, I have dropped back down today but only to an underwhelming stay-the-same. 15.10.4. That is a drop of 7lbs in 7 weeks.

I feel as though I have been working harder than that sounds but I have also been enjoying life so maybe not. Maybe I need to adjust my maintenance level down or work on being further below it on my good days. I just feel as though I'm never going to see fresh fat!!

On the plus side, I have more energy; my trousers are looser and my jumpers longer; I'm having to wear a belt on the 3rd, nearly 4th hole which was tight on the 1st hole at the start of this year.

If I didn't have a panto costume and wedding dress to fit into this slow pace would not bother me. As it is, that wasted 3 months over the summer when I stopped dieting and gradually gained the half a stone I have just struggled to drop, is really grating on me. I'm not one for regret usually but that thought keeps coming back to kick me in the backside.

Hey ho. I am where I am and cannot alter that so must make the best of it which leaves me no option but to keep on keeping on and hope that I can pick up pace by small extra efforts here and there.

There's always next week.

Speaking of which I'm going to have to keep my wits about me for the rest of the week. My niece and her new husband Grant are coming to stay from Wednesday to Sunday so we will be entertaining. I have been joking with Grant (a soft southerner from Oxfordshire) that this trip is his Intermediate Level module on "Northern".

We're going for an outdoor, night swim on Wednesday evening at Hathersage pool. Thursday maybe golf or hill walking during the day and darts and dominoes at night. Friday daytime a trip up to the drowned village of Derwent which has been exposed by the low water levels in the Ladybower Reservoir followed by a Pogues tribute band at the Shoulder of Mutton in the village. Saturday an all day away trip to Blackburn vs Sheffield Wednesday with a curry for supper. Sunday a roast dinner then off.

So - cold, wet, muddy, incomprehensible, boozy, with a hunt of menace. Marvellous!! Tee hee....Oh and Kat wants to buy some Blue John so we can add "laughing at tourists" to the list!@

No comments: