Sunday 11 November 2018

Keep trying, something will happen!!

On both work and dieting woes I am not giving up. I will keep trying new tacks and different strokes.

At work I am seeking a regrade and market supplement to reflect my value to the team even if they will not give me a formal promotion. Who knows if it will work but I have to try.

On the dieting, while what I have been doing has been working, it has been too slow. Not even 1lb a week. I need a little more ooompf.

I was talking about this to a woman at work and she said "I have something for you! This WILL work". Well, you can't argue with that can you?

Her suggested solution was a Sheffield based Facebook/online group called Six Steps to Slim. I have signed up and am just starting a 2 week free trial. It is basically calorie counting with lots of nutrition lectures and online support. Checking in, support, targets, etc. So, it is very similar to what I was doing anyway. Hopefully the group element will assist.

There are very few mandatory elements to the programme but I do have to listen to the first 2 lectures from the group leader, Connor. Trouble with that is that a) I knew most of what he was saying and b) he was not one to use 5 words when 55 would do!

However, I lay in a lovely bubbley bath after a round of golf and let him burble on about burning and counting calories repetitively and at length (a whole hour!) and strangely found it uplifting and inspiring.  I start my upgraded diet today!

We played golf today. Rich with his boy pals and me with some lady golfers. It was raining and gloomy when we set off but soon cleared up. The sun even peeked through setting the autumn colours alight. We were glad to be alive!!










No comments: