Saturday 24 November 2018

Match Day

After a break for an International weekend football was back at Hillsborough this afternoon. A home tie against Derby County who are miles above us in the table (but then who isn't?).

Match days are always a challenge for the dieter but this was my first one on 6STS so I was trying extra hard.

The day started well with a STS on the scales. After a curry last night it was nice not to have a gain. (It would be nicer still to see fresh fat....) Up early for chores and dog walking with an extra side order of leaf raking (will they ever run out??).

Sensible breakfast and an early lunch to avoid any temptation from pie or burger and plenty of walking.

The least said about the match the better. To be fair, we played better than we have been playing of late but silly mistakes saw us throw away a lead and lose 2-1.  There is much calling for the manager's head and I can't disagree. We have got steadily worse despite having a decent team which has delivered in the past. Surely we should be able to do better than this??

Enough of that.

Supper was calorie heavy due to poor portion control. I had picked 2 good looking lamb steaks in the butchers yesterday without thought for size. On removing them from thr fridge I did think, oooh these are chunky so popped mine on the scales so as not to be optimistically "guessing" the calories. 8oz. Whoops. That is a lot of delicious, lamby calories.

Well, I enjoyed every single mouthful as is only right and proper. However I have learned from that objective, definitive demonstration of how much is too much so I think it will stand me in good stead.

I was still under my maintenance level of 2k calories for the day with plenty of exercise so it should be okay.

The weather for our walk this morning was more grey gloom so I worked hard to find some splashes of colour. The colour I found was RED!





2 comments:

Seren said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love the splashes of colour.

Lamb is distressingly high, isn’t it? I adore it but am always shocked at the points. Still, sometimes it is definitely worth it, woman cannot live on chicken breast alone.

Have a good week - hope the work stuff is being resolved.

Sx

Peridot said...

Firstly, happy birthday! Better late than never..... Hopefully.

Sounds like you're doing really well in trying circumstances! And at least the lamb was protein - not a big chunk of cake or similar. I think you'll be in that slinky wedding dress in no time at all.

Hope you're much better now. Running with a cold - that's definitely heroic. Scales: take note.

Px