Thursday 22 November 2018

Can you guess what happened next??

Yes, beep beep beep.... The day after my weigh in, despite a blameless calorie count, my weight bobbed up 2lbs to 15.12. Today it was down to 15.11 but still.... Gah!!  I do feel (and think I look) thinner though so I hope my weight gets with the programme soon.

I also feel like I'm going backwards on the health front. A spot of sniffling and sneezing on Monday morphed into a full on and fairly disgusting head cold yesterdsy. Sadly I was in the office so I have shared my germs with colleagues too.

It got steadily more gruesome until, by the evening I could barely breathe due to blocked nostrils which were simultaneously streaming like a leaky tap. How does that work??

I dosed myself with menthol sweets to clear the airways and hot lemon, honey and whisky purely to make me feel better. Eventually I managed to sleep without ripping my throat open due to the mouth-breathing (what an attractive picture).

Today has been better although I am working from home so it is hard to tell whether I'm actually better or just less challenged. As a precaution and to avoid spreading my germs through the cast, I'm gibbing out of panto rehearsal this evening. I await confirmation that I may be excused from darts and dominoes.

I don't really want to get out of D&D but depends of we're home or away!

I'm meant to be going for a run this evening but it is FREEZING and my chimp has seized on the "We've got a cold, it would be bad for us" excuse like a drowning chimp spying a lifebelt. In reality, I don't feel too bad apart from the inability to breathe so a short run might actually help! We're going!!

Calories have been stellar today. I have noticed a general decrease in my daily total over the last 8 or 9 days. I suspect that peer pressure caused by having to check in with a calorie total each evening is causing this. I'm definitely finding it easier to cut stuff out, especially during the daytime.

Surely this must yield results, she wails whingily...??

2 comments:

Seren said...

Oh poor thing - both re scales being annoying and re cold. Hope both things sort themselves out soon.

Sx

Pam said...

Oh, I feel for you. Keep going, though! (Though personally I think you look fine.)

Happy belated birthday. Hope that cold goes away.