Friday 12 October 2018

Wedding dresses

Well, I didn't find THE dress but I know what sort of thing suits me now. Wedding dresses are such odd beasts; not like anything else you wear, complete one-offs. So I entered the fray with an open mind and tried on all sorts - full skirted tea length, fit and flare, strapless, flowy evening dress style, and many, many more.

Annoyingly sizes tended to the small side so I was looking at 20's in the main which limited my choice a little but then others were too big in 18 and no 16s! Sigh. We did a lot of "that skirt with that neckline" etc but only one dress was ultimately good enough to buy and they only had it in size 24! Doh! It was hanging off me but with the lady from the shop holding it in at the back it was lovely.

The Newcastle branch has it in 18 so if I can get a stone off pdq then maybe I could still get it!!

As it was quiet (only us in) I persuaded the 2 ladies to let Carolyn try a couple of frocks on as well as she had never worn one. She was "In like Flynn" and so thrilled. The first was very Audrey Hepburn, very sophisticated with boat neckline and a silvery diamante belt at empire line but not photo of that one as a no photo rule and the ladies were hanging around. When we got to the second though, they got into the spirit and "diasappeared" while I took some pics. This one was epic! A big princessy frock and Carolyn loved the whole thing!



 We're going again to a different store tomorrow to strike while the iron is hot! Can't quite believe it!

1 comment:

Seren said...

I seem to remember wedding (and bridesmaid) dress sizes being absolutely bonkers. I was in a size 20 bridesmaid dress at my brother’s when I was a size 14 in normal clothes! So you probably have to just ignore the label to a certain extent. V exciting though, can’t wait to see what you end up with! x