Tuesday 7 August 2018

Zipless

Having posted yesterday that I had got my energy back, I woke this morning to a crushing lethargy. I was so sleepy and heavy feeling and couldn't get myself up in time for a run. I said I would go out the evening (and that is not off the table yet) but the morning did not happen!!

In fact, stuff it, I'll go for a quick blast now. Anything to show willing and keep the momentum up.

So, I'm back now. It was only a quick 25 minutes but well worth it and stopped me snacking (well, some fruit but nothing naughty).

The sky was my reward, that and the lovely cool night breeze.


Even if I hadn't managed a run this evening I haven't had a bad day.  Decent brekkie, nice doggie walk and control over my food.

The lunchtime walk was gorgeous...slightly cool and overcast to start but I knew the sun would come out so I took them down to the river for a swim and plenty of shade when the sun got too much.

Shelagh in particular LOVED it! She was galloping around like a puppy and swimming halfway down the river after sticks. It was just beautiful.


I've never noticed these giant specs!
 


Who leaves 2 nearly full bottles of beer by the river?? A damn litter lout that's who! I emptied them out and took 'em home to be recycled.





This barn has been totally re-pointed and re-roofed. Very expensive for a purely agricultural building. I can't see how it could be anything other than a barn though as it is miles away from a road. Will wait and see.





2 comments:

Peridot said...

Oh no! Just seconds after posting a zip comment too! Looks like a lovely dog walk and it’s nice to hear Shelagh enjoyed it - a good swim is clearly invigorating!

Px

Seren said...

Go you ;-)) And go Shelagh. x