Thursday 16 August 2018

Busy busy.....not with dieting and exercising....

Last week I had got back to within 1lb of my pre-holiday low, 15.10.8. I was writing everything down and 100% back on track. La la la, happy days.

That lasted about a week before the next, erm "challenge" hit. All good stuff, just a full on hectic weekend. The weight seemed to pile back on and suddenly I'm back to 16 something, I haven't written in my diary for days and sweaty exercise is but a distant memory. Gah!!

It was only a few days off plan but it has had a long hangover. I've found it tricky to put it behind me and start again.  If I'm honest, I should not have gone off plan should I? Earlier on in the diet I got excited about what I did NOT eat. Asking for fruit instead of desserts at golf dinners, no beers, few wines, hardly any bread, no sweets.

Well, that is not what is happening now. Now any social event is excuse enough to break the rules.

I know I have to reinstate the rules. I need to remember that it made me happy seeing results and it can do so again. So I will be reinstating proper weigh in posts next week rather than just glossing over it in an "optimistic" manner.

To that end I MADE myself get out for a run this evening. It was tough. Not the run, the making myself go! Jeeez, my chimp was kicking and screaming and using all her persuasive wiles to stop me going. Even once I had told Rich I was going, not gone to the pub with him, changed into my running gear, I still ended up reading my book for 40 minutes before I eventually hauled my carcass out the door!!

It was a triumph of chimp management though. I told her that we would just nip up the road to the pretty bus stop and back (less than 2km) but, once I got going, I pushed on, first to the main road (@3km) and then a little bit further so my total run was 3.5km. Not amazing by any means but definitely better than nothing! I'm going out again tomorrow too to keep up some momentum.

So what caused the hiccup?

Well, the first weekend in August we had a party on Friday night (it was a beautiful evening). Then Saturday we missed Carnival to go away to Wigan for the football.



Monday night was the street party outside our local. Another cracking night in the village and glorious weather too.

Golf Wednesday and Friday and then a monster day on Saturday.

We played in the Greenkeepers' Revenge competition first thing. It is a laugh, the greenkeepers put the pins in fiendish positions on the greens or make you play with daft clubs etc. It was also a particularly stunning morning.





Next up home, shower, change and off to the football in Sheffield. Hmmmm, a barely adequate draw against Hull.

Then home, change, fuss the dogs and off to the bus to Castleton to see our current favourite band, Atomic, play in The Devil's Arse (formerly the Peak Cavern) a massive cave. We know them from Sheffield and booked them for Rich's 50th in February. They went down a storm so, when we heard they were playing the cave there was a mass trip from Bradwell.


(Random Minty pic - no idea where this popped up from.)


Back to the cave...





On the party bus home.


It was packed!


Since last weekend it has been quieter. Food has not been too bad but maybe too many sandwich or bacon and egg meals instead of the pimped up yoghurts and salad lunches I had been happy with last week

This weekend is my big golf final on Saturday (fingers crossed for me folks, I really want to win this one!)  and football awayday to Brentford on Sunday. I am NOT going to go crazy this time round!!

2 comments:

Seren said...

It’s so hard to balance having a life with losing weight but you can do it! And at least it is a nice problem to have :) x

Peridot said...

I struggle with this. Either I’m exemplary- or I’m not and lose heart and impetus. I need to understand how to manage a ‘best possible’ situation! Sounds like you’ve done a quick stock take and come up with a plan you’re already acting on.

And good luck with the golf tomorrow.

Px