Friday 24 August 2018

Challenges

We are going out for a meal this evening. At a local pub which now serves posh tapas. We've not been before but it comes highly recommended.

A meal out should not be too scary an expedition but the company makes it daunting. We're going with Billy and Abby and previous meals out with them have turned from smart nights out into marathons of food and drink.  Great fun but ruinous to a fledgling re-re-re-start.

In all seriousness, I cannot afford to let tonight derail me when this latest push has me still stumbling around like bambi.  I have had a very sensible breakfast and lunch to save calories for later and took the dogs out for a lunchtime run aa well. Now I just need to work on my moderation muscle and practise saying "no"!

The run was pretty good. 4.3km but I mucked up my fitbit by not un-pausing when I stopped to take a pic and not stopping once I got home so I don't know how my speed is doing. We were dodging the sharp showers to find a window to get out in but didn't get too wet until the last 50-100 yards when it chucked it down and we got soaked! I'm out of practise towelling the dogs down and keeping the hall clean(ish) after this amazing summer we have had.

The scenery veered from bright sunshine to chilly black clouds. Lovely.






2 comments:

Seren said...

The weather has been mad today, hasn’t it?

The advantage of tapas is you can get away with eating small amounts without other people noticing. I’m sure you’ll be fine - as always, the really important thing is to enjoy yourself.

Sx

Peridot said...

I hope it went okay. I agree with Seren that the joy of tapas is having lots of little tastes - you don’t feel hard done by and you can leave the others to munch most of it

Px