Wednesday 22 August 2018

Not a bad day today. Lots of exercise in the form of dog walking and golf and food okay. It was our Invitation Day at the golf club so there were cakes at the halfway hut and a meal afterwards. I did have a small cake but only fruit for dessert.

I WILL be going for a run tomorrow though to keep the pressure on.

These pics were taken on my Monday lunchtime run. I had a yen to check out how low the water level is in the Ladybower Reservoir so decided to combine the expedition with a run. I also suspected that I would not feel like running in the evening  so thought lunchtime would be safest (I was right BTW). 

The reservoir was very empty. Having run up the big sloggy hill to the dam wall we took a break and let the girls have a swim. We had to walk miles to find the water!!



It's going to be a LONG time before water spills down this overflow!




So far, so good.

2 comments:

Peridot said...

Goodness! I remember that overflow as a water feature!

Well done on the determination to run.

Px

Anonymous said...

Keep it up!!! x x x