Monday 6 August 2018

Holiday streeeeetches......

So, we came back from holiday on 21st July. I got straight back on the plan on the following Monday and worked well for a few days. Great stuff!

But then we were off to Oxfordshire for the wedding and the heat, busyness and food and drink opportunities put me back where I had been on our return from holiday.

Still no harm done. Just get back on track straight away and you'll knock those pesky few lbs off in no time....

Erm, notsomuch.

I just didn't get going last week. I didn't seem to have any energy. Work was tough but not much harder than usual. I struggled to get out of bed each morning and the thought of running or evening going for a halfway decent walk seemed impossible. I soldiered on but there was no zip.

On the plus side, my breakfasts, lunches and snacks were pretty good. Mostly yoghurt and fruit for brekkie, salads for lunch and fruit snacks. The trouble came in the evening when my meals were too hefty and, over the weekend, I drank too much.

The first football awayday of the season arrived on Saturday but did not bring any willpower or restraint with it. So a day of beer, bacon and burger.....whoops!

I think I must have needed the week off as, by yesterday I was ready to go again.

This morning was weighing (15.12.6), running and starting a fresh page in my honesty diary. So far so good. We're off up to the village Street Party as it's Carnival Week which will be boozy but I am going to have a few gins and slimlines but no beer or wine and go easy on the street food.

Another run tomorrow morning!!

Wish me l

1 comment:

Peridot said...

I am glad your zip has returned - I cannot imagine you without zip!

Good luck with the street party.

Px