Monday 25 March 2019

This is stupid

I have done what I thought I'd never do  Bought a dress to slim into. Now I'm failing  to slim into it and it is stressing me out. How bloody daft is that?? In every other area of my life (well, apart from work which is a bit of a chronic shitfest) I am happy - I'm not even unhappy about my weight in general - but I have created a problem by buying a dress which is a bit too tight. I got carried away. And it was a steal on sale.

I've drifted back to 15.13/16 so I have now dropped and re-found that same 4 or 5 lbs about a dozen times. I just can't seem to push through.

This is pathetic. I'm so conscious of lovely Peridot worrying about P who is going through the hell of cancer treatment and what is waking me up with a start at 5am?? A stupid, white dress.

Well, it just shows how superficial I am.

And it stops here. No more dress stress. I have 4 weeks until the fitting. I am giving up EVERYTHING until then.

Bread, crumpets, booze, cheese. My diet is going on steroids. LL meal packs are going to feature. I'm back with the lovely Huw twice a Week for personal training torture and I'm running as well.

I will give this my all then see how I've done. If the dress needs (and can) be altered out, I'll do that. If I need to buy a new bloody dress then I'll do that too.

Aaaaargh!! As you can tell, I'm a bit cheeses off with myself but in truth I haven't been bad, just not strict enough. That worked to drop 2 stone last year but obviously not from the lower start now. I have been covering the same ground since last July so something needs to change.

2 comments:

Seren said...

It’s not stupid, it’s perfectly normal female behaviour. A girl I work with was several STONE away from fitting into her dress with weeks to go (didn’t end up marrying him but for reasons other than misjudging her ability to diet...)

Anyway, sounds like you are nearly there and it’s just going to take a bit of a last minute push. And we all know that being super strict for a short period of time is easier than being strictish for a period of months.

Keep at it and you’ll get there.

Sx

Peridot said...

It's absolutely not stupid. And there's no type of anxiety that trumps another

Px