Friday 29 March 2019

Dress stress

Waking up at 4am fretting about not fitting into a wedding dress is just bloody ridiculous. Despite not having a terrible week food wise my weight boinged back up immediately from the lovely surprise 15.9.5 of Tuesday morning. 15.12, then 15.13 and an unpleasant glimpse of 16 this morning!!

I'm not writing everything down. I'm starting each day well but drifting off but I'm not being THAT bad.

When I have my rational hat on I know that this is not a problem but I'm angry with myself for putting myself in this position in the first place. Now I feel better but I've wasted a couple of prime sleeping hours fretting needlessly. I wish I'd thought to blog it out sooner.

Plan remains the same - diet like made for the next 4 weeks then re-assess. If I need to buy a new dress then I have 6 weeks to do it in. Or bring forward the fitting and get the decision over with... Think I will look into doing that I think to buy more time.

Goddammit Lesley. What a plonker!! (Plonker was just amusingly auto-corrected to pioneer...hmmm....I doubt I'm the first bride to buy a dress too tight then fret about it!)

As I write this blether I'm acutely aware that this is a non-problem. I have a lovely fiance who loves me whatever shape I am and lots of friends and family coming to share our big day. And most importantly we have our health. Thinking of you Peri and P. Hope all going as well as can be hoped. Lxxx

2 comments:

Seren said...

STOP with the dress stress. The absolute worst case scenario is that you get something else. You will still look absolutely beautiful and stunning and you will have the original dress to keep for when you renew your vows in ten years! But if keeping focus during the day is the problem then you need to channel the dress - can you make a photo of it your phone wallpaper or something?

And seconded re thinking of Peri and P. Hope all is as ok as can be expected.

Sx

Peridot said...

Thank you x