Monday 22 June 2020

What will make this stick??

I'm frustrated as I'm bimbling along feeling fat and achy. I have gained 2 stone since I was married last June, most of it before lockdown, and am determined to stop this rot and reverse this trend.

Being just over 18 stone is bloody annoying. My feet hurt. Clothes are tricky to find and don't look great whatever I wear. I get hot and sweaty. A round of golf is tiring, I'm not playing as well and afterwards I'm wiped out.

So, instead of putting up with this rubbish, why don't I do something about it??

But what? Well, writing down what I eat. Keeping a diary. Making time for exercise. Using my Fitbit. And blogging. All these have worked before and will work again.

The writing down has started today as has the cutting right back on carbs.

I have been doing masses of walking, golf and gardening but also masses of eating, drinking and vegging. Sweaty exercise and working out has barely featured. My Fitbit has barely been used.

Gah!! Groundhog Day or what?!

3 comments:

Sian J said...

So glad that you’re back!

I’ve followed your blog since the start - I started LL around the same time as you in 2007. I didn’t last long on LL but have followed your blog ever since. By massive coincidence I’m in week 4 of LL (last resort after years of losing and gaining the same stone) and I’ve been reading your blog A lot over the last few weeks, for inspiration when times are hard! I’m still inspired by your massive loss - not sure if that helps or not.

Hope you are well

Sian

Lesley said...

Great to hear from you Sian. I'm determined to get back on track as well!!

Seren said...

Hi lovely Lesley! So nice to see you! Sounds like you have a great plan in place. I’ve managed to more or less maintain my weight for a while now (still far too high but at least not going up) using 12:8 but lockdown has seen it beginning to drift in the wrong direction - I like the idea of getting back in the habit of a diary to try and stop the rot.

Hope everything well with you 😘

Sx