Tuesday 23 June 2020

A small start

1 day of logging food and eating sensibly down, a lifetime to go! There's no hardship to doing it though is there so let's hit it!?

In the meantime, what have I been up to? Answer, loads of walks and getting closer to the minutiae of the nature in my area. One walk we have done a lot of is around some fishing ponds at our local quarry. They are private but with no anglers, there seems to be an understanding that locals are welcome/okay.

It is one of our go to daily walks and has been wonderful watching the frogs/toads mating, tadpoles squirming, geese and other wildfowl raising their young and the weekly changes in the flora.

I also absolutely love seeing the huge fish basking near the surface of a sunny day.












This evening, my friend Kerry is coming out from Sheffield for an evening walk so we're going to be doing something locally in the White Peak. I will be trying to make it reasonably strenuous to boost my exercise.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, you're back. I had given up hope. How nice! Glad all is well, but sorry (though impressed) that you're back on the regime. Hope it goes well!