Sunday 5 July 2020

A bit same-y but that is no bad thing

Here are some pics from my visit to Dad's earlier this week. It was a gloomy day and Lincolnshire is so flat that I sometimes find the walks there a bit featureless. They certainly don't photograph very well. However, I have spent the last 4 months watching the natural world in much more detail than usual so, this time, I found lots to look at.

The first thing I noticed is how far ahead Lincolnshire is compare to my corner of the Peaks. At home the verges are full of geraniums, hogweed, dog roses, even some elderflowers. These are all over at Dad's. The dog roses were all finished with the hips well developed. The hogweed had gone to seed leaving brown husks. They are onto Rosebay Willow Herb which hasn't even started at home. Also the brambles are covered in masses of green berries whereas we are only just starting with flowering.

The brambles were alive with butterflies and bees, in particular a pale brown butterfly with 1small orange "eye" on each wing. I have not seen these round here ever!














Since I returned from Dad's I have played golf twice. Not particularly well either time but both were physically tough due to constant, drizzley rain and strong winds. I felt pumelled after each round. On the plus side, it has been good, calorie-burning exercise and the scales are showing signs of downward movement. I have even squeaked down into the 17s a couple of times!!

So, I have to be good today in advance of weigh in tomorrow but, the trouble is, I have just had a big fry up for brunch and am vegging out blogging and watching Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea on the telly. It is howling a gale outside so a long walk is not appetizing either.

I'm only in week 2 and should really have more motivation than this. I will be active after this game! I will definitely do something that is not couch-based. But it will be hard...

2 comments:

Pam said...

Here in Edinburgh we're definitely behind Lincolnshire!

Seren said...

You’re not alone in the whole lacking motivation department at the moment! Let me know if you find the magic bullet - could definitely use one! 😉